Friday, October 23, 2009

The Sly Raccoon Enters the World of Blog



rac·coon \ra-ˈkün\


1 a : a small nocturnal carnivore (Procyon lotor) of North America that is chiefly gray, has a black mask and bushy ringed tail, lives chiefly in trees, and has a varied diet including small animals, fruits, and nuts.
Raccoons are unusual, for their thumbs (though not opposable) enable them to open many closed containers (such as garbage cans and doors). They are omnivores with a reputation for being clever and mischievous; their intelligence and dexterity equip them to survive in a wide range of environments and are one of the few medium-to-large-sized animals that have enlarged its range since human encroachment began (another is the coyote).

Now that my Etsy shop is up and running, I thought I'd break through into this strange, foreign land of blogging. My shop consists mostly of things upcycled and repurposed (I am a scavenger after all), but I enjoy crafting of all types in almost any material. I adore the human spirit and its passion for creativity. Below are some examples of wristlets crafted from repurposed materials. Feel free to swing by my Etsy shop: slyraccoon.etsy.com.















No comments:

Post a Comment