Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sweet Cajun Deliciousness!

In honor of my husband's birthday, we ventured out on our bicycles last night and made our way up to Boise Avenue to pay a visit to Chef Roland's Cajun Cuisine and BBQ.  If you love a good brisket and real southern rice and beans, you've got to check it out!  Sure, I've heard varying reviews from various friends, but my experience has always been fantastic.

We were welcomed in by the chef, offered several selections of tasty brews from Louisiana, and served giant bowls of piping hot gumbo with hush puppies.  Chef Roland sat down and chatted with us while we ate, and when we had finished our soup he brought out two plates piled high with brisket, ribs, pulled pork and BBQ chicken.  I don't know anyone who's left Chef Roland's hungry!  When we were so full we felt ill, Chef brought out not two, but three massive slices of pie - "key lime pie that's not green" according to Chef Roland.  As I write, I'm enjoying my tasty pie leftovers as part of a nutritious breakfast, and I'm already planning my next trip up to the little green and purple building on Boise Avenue.

For more info on the Chef Roland's experience, check out this article from the Idaho Statesman.  Also, enjoy this collection of fine upcycled Cajun-themed Etsy items:


No comments:

Post a Comment